Mondays are for gratitude…counting to 1000 and beyond…
193. The birth of Sarah Kathleen on Friday morning to dear friends Cathee and Brian. Yay!
194. A still-empty apartment feeling more like home every time I return.
195. Hours of looking at scrumptious wall colors. So thankful to the Creator Artist God for the complex physics that makes colors possible and the eyes to see them with.
196. Walking Magnolia and finding lovely views so close to my apartment.
197. Friends helping me move (thank you, Doug!); quoting lines from Star Wars as we carried boxes and boxes of my books up the stairs (“Almost there!”).
198. The smell of freshly cut pine wood shelving.
199. New apartment sounds: Seagulls, bird song, the deep rumbling horn blast of leaving cruise ships, seaplanes, and the low buzz of the distant city.
200. A wonderful evening of laughter and reconnecting with Kim, Ryan, and Sara at Angela’s birthday party.
201. Being asked to be a godparent for a soon-to-be born little boy. It may be the closest I get to motherhood. So honored and excited!
202. That God answers my questions when I take the time to listen.
203. A surprising and immediate answer to prayer at church yesterday.
204. Generous offers of furniture.
205. Countless meals, and tea with biscuits at Kimberlee and Doug’s. Learning how to make a BLT with avocado, sautéed portabella, arugula, and homemade mayo. Yummy!!
206. Little Jack taking my hand as we walked down the sidewalk, and the bouncy exuberance of Little Jane.