Mondays are for gratitude…counting to 1000 and beyond…
256. A lovely almost-full moon shining in my window.
257. Fabric and thread picked out by my little friend Jane for me to make her a skirt.
258. Fun twisty vine stitch in yummy pink.
259. Finished…and for the smile on Jane’s face that could light a small city when I gave it to her after church. She promptly put it on and ran around the sanctuary.
260. For the Liturgy of the Hours, a practice of daily prayer I go to when I am at a loss for how to begin or want to feel part of a greater rhythm of corporate prayer. Even the simple ribbons marking the days remind me that all time is God’s.
261. A Black-headed Grosbeak who frequently feasts at my feeder.
262. For the artful brush of yellow just at the head of the wing.
263. For the fountain pen my Mutti gave me, and a to-do list with a few more things crossed off. And for my friend Terese, who also appreciates the importance of a good writing instrument.
267. For the continued challenge of Proverbs 31 as I reflect on my life as a Christian woman.