Counting thanks to 1000 and beyond…
761. As I pray through the requests for prayer from the Bethany community, I am grateful that as followers of Christ, we can come before God and bring our needs, and God has promised to hear and answer:
Ask and it will be given to you;seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds;and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good giftsto those who ask him! — Matthew 7:7-11
762. A lovely Sunday…the twins asleep with Alexander guarding…
763. ….and great conversations after watching the movie Amazing Grace, about William Wilburforce, the 19th century abolitionist, here rolling out the 300,000 signatures calling for the end of the slave trade:
764. Crows who have decided they prefer eating the cookies I offer as I walk rather than attacking my hair.
765. One of the best months in a very long time…renewed sense of purpose in ministry and in writing.
766. Friends’ continued support as I work on this dissertation and figure out job stuff.
767. Little ones who now call me Zhazan and run to greet me.
768. Sunshine and summer warmth.
What are you thankful for? Join Kimberlee and I as we give thanks on Thursdays together.