Counting thanks to 1000 and beyond…
793. An empty email inbox. (Be encouraged. It is possible!)
794. I finally learned how to make my own salad dressing, one that doesn’t trigger a migraine:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
a dash of soy sauce
(measurements are approximate and to taste, so sample and adjust as necessary)
795. Eating salads everyday–I’ve eaten more salad this week than in the last year. Thankful for coming close to being more vegetarian than not.
796. An enjoyable evening around a bonfire, toasting marshmallows and getting to know my neighbors.
797. A lovely lunch with my friend Beth.
798. Hanging out with 8 great young people while their moms planned children’s ministries for this coming year. Olympic bean bag dives, feeding cheerios to baby ducks, tracing hands and feet, reading stories, lots of giggles, all the while soaking up the lake view.
799. Sun through leaves
800. Loving Hugh of St Victor’s Didiscalicon, a 12th century text that focuses on the spiritual practice of reading.
801. Speckled robins
802. Blown away by a familiar worship song sung in multiple languages, and the beautiful video paired with it:
(To listen, please pause the blog music first, found in the right column, under Music for Dreaming.)
What are you thankful for this week? Might you share with us 1 or 2 gratitudes in the comments so we can rejoice with you?
Join Kimberlee and I as we give thanks together.